Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Angela Nissel: The Broke Diaries

This was a hilarious book about what it means to be broke. There were many parts of this book that I could completely relate to. Such as when she made phone calls from a pay phone using her ATM card and it allowed it. Then the bank charges her $300 dollars in NSF fees that they won't reverse, and then take that money out of her College Tuition check. So she closes her account, but now is reported on Check Systems and can no longer get another bank account.

There were so many funny stories in this book but my favorite can be summed up in a single word…REVOLUTION! When I first read this story I was laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair. And every time it was mentioned after that, I burst out laughing.

Stories included swiping the teacher’s edition of the text book in order to pass a class, to going on a date with a chicken farmer in order to get a free chicken dinner, to forgetting that you’re not wearing underwear because none of it is clean and going to a clothes sale with a group dressing room. Absolutely hilarious!

I really loved this book and could identify with so much of it that it made me want to go out and write about my own misadventures. But wait, I did that already it’s on my blog at avinrider.bebo.com. Feel free to stop by and check it out. But until then…REVOLUTION!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home